|NUTRITION LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
DEVELOPING LEADERSHIP IN NUTRITIONAL SCIENCES &
PROMOTING EXCELLENCE IN NUTRITION RESEARCH
The Dannon Institute created the Dannon Institute Nutrition Leadership Institute
in 1998 to exemplify its commitment to the development of leadership in nutritional
sciences and the promotion of excellence in research. The program is designed to
equip outstanding nutritional scientists at an early stage of their careers with
the leadership skills and broad perspective necessary to achieve their professional
The Dannon Institute Nutrition Leadership Institute consists of an intensive five-day
training program designed to provide participants with strategies for improving
their ability to lead others in both their place of employment and in the field
of nutrition. They will:
- learn to identify and reinforce the personal and professional attributes that are
characteristic of successful leaders;
- be encouraged to set appropriate personal and professional goals;
- be provided with a network of peers and well-established professionals in the field
The program includes customized elements from FranklinCovey and the Center for Creative
Leadership. It also includes participation by well-established professionals with
careers in many aspects of nutrition.
The Dannon Institute will provide the following to participants of the Dannon Institute
Nutrition Leadership Institute:
- Single occupancy accommodations at Aspen Wye River Conference Center, located in
Queenstown, Maryland, for five nights. All meals, beverages and snacks starting
with dinner on the first evening and ending with lunch on the last day at Aspen
Wye River Conference Center. Please note that no alcoholic beverages are to be brought
into the Aspen Wye River Conference Center facility by the participants. The Aspen
Wye River Conference Center is a non-smoking facility.
- All testing materials, books and training provided by FranklinCovey and the Center
for Creative Leadership.
- Car/bus service to and from the program site back to Baltimore/Washington, DC area
airports/train stations. On Saturday, June 1, 2013 buses will be departing the
station(s) no later than 1:00 p.m. for arrival at the Aspen Wye River Conference
Center. On Thursday, June 6, 2012 buses will be departing the Aspen Wye River Conference
Center after lunch (approximately 2:00p.m.) for arrival at the airport(s)/train
Participants are responsible for the following expenses related to their attending
the Dannon Institute Nutrition Leadership Institute:
- Transportation by airplane and/or train are the sole responsibility of the participant.
Participants who drive from home to The Aspen Wye River Conference Center will not
be reimbursed for mileage. Participants will be responsible for booking their own
flights/train tickets and must be available for pick-up at airports/train stations
no later then 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 1, 2013.
- All telephone calls made from and all internet connection charges issued by the
Aspen Wye River Conference Center and any personal items purchased from the Aspen
Wye River Conference Center.
If you are interested in this program, click the link to the left to learn more
about the criteria for eligibility and evaluation of applications.